[geeks] Found it - WiFi Public Hot Spot...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 18 10:15:40 CST 2004

Hello all,

I came across the .iso for a bootable "live CD" that turns a PC into a public
WiFI Hot Spot. It goes between your cable/DSL router and your wireless APs,
and controls access to internet.

See http://www.publicip.net/

The hardware requirements are a fairly modern PC, 128 Meg, bootable CD, 2 NICs
and a cable router (not wireless) and at least one Wireless AP/router.

The idea is this would put a barrier between WiFi and the Internet, and form
some kind of protective barrier between your WiFi connections and your
internal network.

I've not tried it, but I very much like the idea...

Lionel
lionel 4287 at verizon net