[geeks] annoying Taxcut software bug

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon Mar 15 13:49:10 CST 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> > Doesn't Turbo Tax have spyware in it?
> >
> Not as far as I know... they had a licensing snafu a while back for the
> Winders version, but then again I haven't used the Winders version
> since buying a mac back in 1998 or so.  The Mac version doesn't contain
> spyware.  Apparently the licensing snafu was fixed after they listened
> to backlash from their customers... something about putting copy
> protection into the program (activation).

It did last year, but apparently they removed the spyware this year:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/technology/2762716/detail.html

Hey, Amazon actually posted my review of Taxcut, testing monkey
references and all.  Cool!

-DanD

# If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger,
# screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man,
# I guess I'm a coward.  -DEEP THOUGHTS