[geeks] Re: [rescue] MOVE TO GEEKS: re: absinthe available for rescue'ers ....

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Thu Mar 11 11:43:52 CST 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Heh.  :)  Tabasco is mild.  I use habanero tabasco in my spaghetti
> sauce, and it works pretty good in that.  I have about seven or eight
> different habanero pepper sauces, and when I'm cooking curry from
> scratch I use whole fresh habaneros.  The flavor is wonderful.  :)

I once made kimchee using a recipe I found online for "Flaming Orange
Habanero Kimchee."  Ouch, was that a learning experience.  It takes
5 whole habaneros chopped WITH SEEDS.  I did it in the blender.  The
result was so hot that the juice sliding down my throat caused chest
pains something like acid reflux.  DAMN was that good stuff.  I need
to make some more.

> >  I love a single malt Scotch, but
> > a friend from the UK recently brought me a single malt Irish whisky
> > I've been working on.  I'd put it up against a good single malt Scotch.
>
> Oh yeah, the Irish have some good whiskeys too.  I'm particularly
> partial to Bushmills 1608 single-malt.  But the true love of my heart is
> Bruichladdich.  (Based on this I've been told I should try Bunnahabhain
> sometime.)

My current bottle is a Bushmill's.  I forget the age and variety,
but I can check when I get home.  I liked it enough to pick up
a second bottle, and it wasn't cheap.

-DanD

# Save the hermetic seals.