[geeks] Anybody running asterisk pbx?

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Wed Mar 10 12:08:27 CST 2004

Right now I run Fedora as my host os for asterisk. I wanted to do it in
FreeBSD but after what I heard
some stuff will not work so I had to use linux.

Install was pretty easy from RPM's. As the modem I dont know about
conexant. The cards that I got
where actually the ambient md3200 chipset. I purchased a few @ newegg
for $14. Took them 3 days
to get it here with free fedex shipping (good deal!).

Anyways if you search on newegg for ambient md 3200 you should find it.
It's the card that does not
have the speaker/mic plugs.

I did read something about the conexant modems but I think there is some
hacking required to get
those working. The ambient md 3200 is just picked up by the zapata
drivers with no problems:

Registered Tormenta2 PCI
PCI: Found IRQ 15 for device 00:02.0
wcfxo: DAA mode is 'FCC'
Found a Wildcard FXO: Generic Clone
PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 04:02.0
wcfxo: DAA mode is 'FCC'
Found a Wildcard FXO: Generic Clone
PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 04:03.0
wcfxo: DAA mode is 'FCC'
Found a Wildcard FXO: Generic Clone
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 04:04.0
wcfxo: DAA mode is 'FCC'
Found a Wildcard FXO: Generic Clone

And then in asterisk:
voip*CLI> zap show channels
Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
   1            default         en         default
   2            default         en         default
   3            default         en         default
   4            default         en         default

So no problems here. Let me know if you need any more details or config
files.

-- Thomas