[geeks] oh no, not again.

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Mar 8 06:43:14 CST 2004

"From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
"
"On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 07:21:19PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
"> Think ABIA would mind if you borrowed one of their concrete barriers so
"> that the next asshat who pulls that stunt doesn't have a working car to
"> drive away with?
"
"We're considering that, or just 3" steel pipe, 6' tall, sunk 3' into the
"ground, filled with concrete.

also anchored in hefty concrete footings, i hope?

"oh, and asking the apartment complex to put up speed bumps.

how about getting -your-lawyer- to ask them?
--
i'm beginning to like the idea of something low enough for a vehicle
to ride over but tall enough to high-center it - iron spikes, slanted

one year, the fire chief fixed him.  he got a length of 5" sched 160
sewer pipe and planted it deep in the ground, in a yard of concrete
and filled with concrete.  then he boxed it in with boards so that it
looked like a 6x6 post.  he put his box on top of that.

next winter, in the middle of the first snowstorm, the fire chief
heard a tremendous WHANG!!! and looked out his window to see the plow
truck - a ten-wheeler iirc - sitting crossways in the road.

no further assaults were made on the mailbox.