[geeks] testing new machine

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 3 22:26:03 CST 2004

> From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
> Date: 2004/03/04 Thu AM 04:16:45 GMT
> To: geeks at sunhelp.org
> Subject: [geeks] testing new machine
>
> testing the new machine

Didn't work, try again! ;^)

Got the E450 downstairs, it was quite easy, one I realized that one side is quite solid, and since the stairs are carpete, I just put the unit on it's side and slid it down the stairs...

Now I am trying to relearn terminal key combinations to equal:

stop-A
stop-N

As the machine autoboots into the config (after a sys-unconfig), but it isn't quite right (like it is an older Solaris that doesn't ask for default gateway, or DNS server or even nameserver IP addresses...)

But it is great - I'd love to get two 8 drive backplanes, but they look like they cost serious $$$

I'll have to crack the case and see if I can put 4x 400 MHz CPUs in this baby ;^)

TTFN,

Lionel
lionel 4287 at verizon net