[geeks] windows on a Sun v65x?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Mar 3 15:27:28 CST 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Francois Dion wrote:

> How can I bootstrap the cdrom to boot windows from a win98 boot
> floppy?

1) Get this file: http://jonathan.celestrion.net/crap/winboot.img
2) dd it to a floppy.
3) Boot from the floppy.
4) Insert the Win2k CD, and run "Winnt.exe" from the i386 directory.

If you can't get that to work (I don't recall if winnt.exe requires
16-bit Windows or if it will DTRT from DOS), I'll see if I can make a
mini Windows 3.1 distribution like the Windows 9x installers use.  It'd
be an interesting challenge.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."