[geeks] Aluminum 30" Apple Display

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jun 29 13:12:09 CDT 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:00:48 -0600 (MDT)
Dan Duncan wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Now that's just beyond stupid.  Not only do they look foolish, but
> > when you put those things on your Escalade you screw up the handling
> > characteristics of the vehicle.
>
> Do you really think anyone who buys an Escalade cares anything
> about handling characteristics?  The thing's a boat!

Well, you have a point....

> Compared to the cost of the rims and tires, the brakes are nothing
> and apparently a small price to pay to be fly.

Well, if you replace the components yourself, they're small money.
However, if you have the dealer (or whoever) do it, it suddenly becomes
kilobuck work.  At least for cars as new as an Escalade.

--
Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a
kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective judgement in all