[geeks] Aluminum 30" Apple Display

mrl vlack-lists at vlack.com
Mon Jun 28 17:14:22 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 15:43, Brooke Gravitt wrote:
> > And the XRaid isn't fair;  I could just order a McLaren  to carry my PC
> > home to push the price over 1 mi!
>
> Pffft. Anyone who's anyone carries their new kit in the back of their
> electric GEM. Which is in the back of their HUMMER. Which is carried
> in the back of this bad boy:
> <http://www.newscientist.com/opinion/opinterview.jsp?id=ns24521>
... which, of course, is carried on the back of their decomissioned
aircraft carrier, floating off the coast of the Florida keys, and
occasionally going for vacation trips down to Cancun. :P
(Didn't someone post on this list (or rescue) a while back about an
aircraft carrier that was on sale for a while, and then eventually sold
for scap or something?)

<ahem>
reading that link...
        A blow-out can damage vehicles close-by because the tyre is
        holding so much air and just the force of that... Drivers have
        actually been killed by tyre explosions, but not on our trucks,
        thank goodness.
Holy crap.