[geeks] Aluminum 30" Apple Display

Gary Nichols gary at linuxforce.org
Mon Jun 28 16:07:51 CDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> Err, why did you pray for an internal modem?  What's wrong with an
> external modem?

Everything is wrong with an external modem when you have a digicam,
iSight, usb printer, usb camera, usb microphone and various other
peripherals sticking out of your G5.

Internal = hidden = good

> Of course.  But, the second one is why they invented things like HIPPI,
> Infiniband, GSN, etc.  Why limit yourself to GigE jumbo frame size of
> 9000 bytes, when you can have much larger ones, like say 64 Kbyte frames
> from HIPPI?

Because I don't need HIPPI to read email and surf the web?  *ducks*
I'm just giving you a hard time Josh.