[geeks] Fahrenheit 9/11

The Renaissance Man alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Jun 24 12:23:29 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 06:05:29PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:48:52 -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > However, I dislike our current president more than I dislike Kerry.
>
> Didn't someone once say not to vote for the politicians you like
> because you'll usually not be voting, but for the politicians you
> dislike the least ? Very cynical, but with the politicians we've got
> it's hardly uncalled for.

And a sad reflection on how badly the system has broken down.  It's no
longer a question of voting for the candidate whom you think will best
represent your views and wishes in government, but rather looking over
the puppets and hacks that the political machine offers you and figuring
out which one requires the least diligence in holding your nose against
the stench.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net