[geeks] [BreakingNews at MAIL.CNN.COM: CNN Breaking News]

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Mon Jun 21 23:34:26 CDT 2004

On Jun 21, 2004, at 10:30 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Everyone go re-read "Red Thunder" (Varley) and "Fallen Angels"
> (Niven/Pournelle/ Flynn) to celebrate!

Foo.  We need to drag the world, kicking and screaming, into the
future.  Write your congress critter, talk to your senator, pitch in
and _help_.  If you're unemployed (heh) XCor was looking for interns a
few months ago ... Ms. Jackson said you didn't need to _know_ anything
but you had to be willing to hang out with rocket nerds and live in the
Mojave.

That said, I will buy a copy of 'Red Thunder' - Varley hasn't let me
down yet.

~brian