[geeks] Cable modems/routers

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jun 17 12:22:02 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 12:14:12PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:
> I have a 2916 that's sorta loud, but my GigE 3Com switch is so loud
> it masks everything else. That 3Com switch is the loudest thing in
> the computer room.  I want to get quieter fans, but I have to be
> careful not to void the lifetime warranty.

Yeah, the 2912 has a lifetime warranty on everything but the power
supply (AFAIK; I had a 2924XL with bad ports replaced under warranty a
year ago).  Maybe I just need to get some acoustic-deadening "egg crate"
foam and build an enclosure around it and put some foam on the wall behind
it in the closet..

Bill

--
bill bradford