[geeks] Encrypted hash question

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Jun 16 15:29:51 CDT 2004

" From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
"
" On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 01:11:14PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
" > Or it's possible that the application uses its own custom encryption/
" > hashing algorithm.  Is the application documented?
"
" I've emailed the vendor to ask what hash algorithm they're using.
"
" If I take the "r00" off the end of both, john the ripper sees them as
" standard DES.

wonder if that's a pw-aging field?