[geeks] New Server Pictures

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jun 14 18:11:16 CDT 2004

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 @ 12:27 -0600, Dan Duncan said:

> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > Didn't SCSI pretty much win out in the end anyway though?
>
> How so?  It costs far more than IDE, even though IDE is an
> inferior technology.  My Tivo and Xbox are IDE, not SCSI.
> A number of people on this list use SCSI to IDE converters
> so they can use cheap IDE drives on SCSI systems.

On this note, what do people like to use here?

I put all my continuous use stuff on SCSI, but would not mind a cheap
IDE raid or just a big disk for things like mp3's, and "Oh crap!" type
backups.

So far the converters I've found cost a lot more than the drives.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Consulting wouldn't be what it is today
without Microsoft Windows" -- Chris Pinkham]