[geeks] Rackmount *frames* ?

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Fri Jun 11 10:03:45 CDT 2004

Bill Bradford wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 02:47:42PM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>

>>Another choice is www.starcase.com - prices are "retail", but the selection is
>>amazing...
>>

>Ahh, "Relay Rack".  That's exactly what I'm looking for.  thanks!
>
>(Putting a noisy Cat2912XL and a PIX 520 in my closet..)
>
>Bill

I was going to recommend the same. Another option, go to Lowes, get some
steel "l" shaped corners (Steelworks), pull the drill and welder out and
for less than $20 you can make one. I made a "deluxe" version :) with
bottom and top made of thick plywood, sides of sheet aluminium. No
wheels - that would have been best - but I used those teflon skid discs.
Total cost for all the material was about $50.

I made it deep enough to put the switches, routers, hubs etc in the back
(not where servers are, but where stuff like the midi arpegiator and
other midi equipment is).

Francois