[geeks] Rackmount *frames* ?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 11 09:47:42 CDT 2004

> From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
> Date: 2004/06/11 Fri PM 02:26:19 GMT
> To: geeks at sunhelp.org
> Subject: [geeks] Rackmount *frames* ?
>
> I've got a strange request.  I need a tiny (~12U) 4-post rackmount
> enclosure - but I need it as a "frame" (best way I can describe it) without
> any side/top/front/back panels.  I just need a frame assembly to mount some
> rackmount equipment into.
>
> Any ideas, other than having a metal shop make my own?

I would suggest eithr taking a look at a music shop's available inventory
(they have smaller rack mounts for mobile *and* fixed installations) - I'm
familiar with Sam Ash (east coast only) and The Guitar Shop (nationwide) -
typically in their "studio" or "PA" areas.

Another choice is www.starcase.com - prices are "retail", but the selection is
amazing...

HTH,

Lionel