[geeks] Cray emulator

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Jun 11 03:08:14 CDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:28:12 -0400
Jeff Cole <jeff at flambe.org> wrote:

> A friend of mine just started a project called ccore. It's a simulator
> for the CPU used in the CRAY YMP-EL 92, and is intended to become a
> full-scale CRAY emulator. He could use helpful tips, suggestions, etc.
He can get a login on a real CRAY YMP-EL 98 for doing compatibility
tests: http://www.cray-cyber.org/
Would be interresting to see how he emulates the I/O system. Either he
has to emulate the VME I/O processors and run the real Cray "firmware"
on them or he has to reverse engineer and reimplement the protocoll main
CPU <=> I/O processor.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen