[geeks] testing

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Jun 9 07:53:36 CDT 2004

" From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
"
" On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 07:56:38PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
" > On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 04:30:32PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
" > >
" > > And don't get me started on the major annoyances of the high speed
" > > providers (verizon and comcast), or claiming to be around here (covad).
" >
" > hey.  At least you can GET high-speed access.
" >
" > We can't.
"
" Presumably I can get high-speed internet access.  I'm pretty sure you
" can too.  Or is the phone company unwilling to lay high speed fiber lines
" to your place for any about of $bignum?  To get high speed here would be
" several grand and lines would have to be laid.

due to some oddity about how the tarriff was written, your abode must
be served by copper loop all the way from the co.  however, pots svc
is increasingly provided via fiber to an rt in/near your neighborhood,
then copper to you.

-technically- that's not a problem...  and now they're starting to
really push dsl, maybe the rbocs have gotten the tarriff rewritten.

i've also heard that if you want a t1, what you often actually get is
a 1.5M sdsl with a little converter terminating it.