[geeks] testing

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Jun 8 20:26:04 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 08:56:52PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 07:56:38PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 04:30:32PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > > Around here a dedicated dialup connection tops $100.  Grr.
> > >
> > > And don't get me started on the major annoyances of the high speed
> > > providers (verizon and comcast), or claiming to be around here (covad).
> > > Grr, grr, grr.
> >
> > hey.  At least you can GET high-speed access.
> >
> > We can't.
>
> Presumably I can get high-speed internet access.  I'm pretty sure you
> can to.  Or is the phone company unwilling to lay high speed fiber lines
> to your place for any about of $bignum?  To get high speed here would be
> several grand and lines would have to be laid.

Well, yeah, given large amounts of folding green.  But if we had that
kind of money, a far higher priority would be using it to find a decent
place to live.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net