[geeks] testing

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 15:42:05 CDT 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:27:40 -0400 (EDT), Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Mike Meredith <mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk>
> "
> " AOL is in the process of blocking the whole of Comcast.
>
> hmmm...  might be room for a restraint of trade suit...

And AOL could counter sue for trespass (their servers are private
property), and for Comcast being an attractive nuisance (I'm not sure
I've got the right phrase there).

The Internet is a co-operative of multiple independant networks. One
aspect of being connected is that you are supposed to take immediate
action when complaints of network abuse are received. Comcast apparently
doesn't.