[geeks] RIP, Ronald Reagan

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Jun 7 01:00:28 CDT 2004

On Jun 7, 2004, at 1:48 AM, Jim wrote:

> Problem with these point the finger on either side things, is I can't
> believe any one. Everyone on all sides are just throwing their agenda
> in your face. If not distorting the facts, at least just giving you the
> ones that support their point of view. Couple that with the fact that
> people only want to read items that support the way they already feel
> (How many Rush listeners will go out and read Franken's book with a
> open mind? How many Moore fans will listen to Hannidy and really
> consider what he says?), it gets too damn annoying. People have their
> minds made up and only want information that supports that.

Which is exactly my point of contention.  Both sides had points but I
was left confused as to which side I'd be on if I even felt like taking
a side.  I take issue with people blindly supporting anything.  If it
looked like I was blindly supporting Moore... well sorry I suppose.  I
take everything with a grain of salt.. I question everything...I do
take issue with people having so much stored hatred and readily
distributing it once they've made their minds up on one side or another
of an issue.

> Considered dialog does not get ratings, instead two angry talking heads
> a....Then again, perhaps I am just cynical. After all, did I not just
> do the
> same?

You make excellent points...

Andrew