[geeks] Ronald Reagan, BFC, Rants du Jour

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Jun 7 00:54:51 CDT 2004

On Jun 7, 2004, at 1:46 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 01:38:37AM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
>> The whole point I got was hey ...some people
>> have guns... some don't... if it doesn't really matter who has guns,
>> how easy it is to get them or not, or whether we legistlate them or
>> not, then what can we blame?... bowling?... no that'd be absurd...
>> maybe we should all relax.  This is pretty much what I got out of the
>> film.
>
> Oh dear ....  poor Mr. Moore.  He's going to be very disappointed in
> you.  :)

I don't think so :-)... I think his target audience consists of people
that can think deeply and form their own opinions... this is why he
makes fun of the people in the film who want to legislate the shit out
of guns as well... and the ones putting metal detectors in schools...
cracking down on Marilyn Manson.... and basically telling people what
to do or explaining away what happened as if something was wrong with
everybody...hurry lets take away their guns... no... that just isn't
right.  He does tend to show the most rabid people on both sides of the
issue, but I think that's the point... so the viewer makes an informed
decision in the middle.

I've also read two of his books.... I still come away with a stop and
think attitude.  I take nothing at face value from either side after
reading his texts.  It's all about asking questions.  Maybe its the
overwhelming nature that has me back away from what he's writing and
not even take him at direct face value.... maybe this is his secret
mission?  Who knows?

Andrew