[geeks] Ronald Reagan, BFC, Rants du Jour

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Jun 7 00:38:37 CDT 2004

On Jun 7, 2004, at 1:21 AM, Matthew Poertner wrote:

> Andrew Weiss wrote:
>> On Jun 6, 2004, at 10:55 PM, Matthew Poertner wrote:
>>> Yes, that's the great thing about America is that you are certainly
>>> entitled to expressing your own opinion... Regardless of how ill
>>> informed your basis for them are.
>

>> total of things on equal footing regarding these issues.  I'd
>> appreciate you not calling me ill-informed.
>> Andrew
>
> Sorry Andrew, I didn't mean to say YOU are ill-informed.  I meant to
> say  "your" as in anyones.

Hey man... I just might be... who knows?

Just for the heck of it I googled and went here:

http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/bowlingforcolumbine/scenes/
hestonrally1.htm
http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/bowlingforcolumbine/scenes/
hestoninterview.htm

and

here:
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/wackoattacko/

for starters... and I'm just not sure what to think either way... they
both have points...BUT

Moore gets one extra point for more verifiable sources cited.

I think anyone intelligent who watches the film comes away with the
correct message.

"Always question authority."

Because I have formed my own opinions about guns (I have no problems
with them), I only came away with... what I already had and share with
Moore... an intense dislike for our current government and the people
in charge... and just a bit more confidence to relax and dismiss the
"War on Terror" bullshit.  Maybe it made me a bit more apathetic... but
its because I won't have people taking my rights away out of fear.

Maybe Moore is rabidly anti-gun in reality and being deceptive about
it... I don't really care as that part of his message didn't affect me
if it was even there in the first place... it certainly is present in
link two above from his site, but is carefully removed from the film to
make a point to as many people who will listen about being a bit
friendlier to each other.  The whole point I got was hey ...some people
have guns... some don't... if it doesn't really matter who has guns,
how easy it is to get them or not, or whether we legistlate them or
not, then what can we blame?... bowling?... no that'd be absurd...
maybe we should all relax.  This is pretty much what I got out of the
film.

Andrew