[geeks] RIP, Ronald Reagan

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Jun 6 23:14:39 CDT 2004

On Jun 6, 2004, at 11:31 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 11:47:20PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 10:15:14PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:
>>>
>>> Bowling for Columbine was a work of fiction.
>>

>> Sir!!!  I'm surprised at you!  That's a slur upon good honest fiction!
>
> There are:
>
> documentaries:  like what you see on the History Channel
>
> mockumentaries:  Spinal Tap, Best In Show
>
> crockumentary:  Bowling for Columbine

You see I just don't get where the animosity is coming from... there's
nothing to HATE about the man.... hatred Mr. Bill?... hatred?... what'd
he ever do to you?

I think you mean he drives you nuts and annoys you...

See this is the problem.

And BFC was not fiction.  It doesn't fit the definition of fiction.
It may imply a bunch of things that aren't true...by virtue of the way
it was put together... but the movie itself is not fiction.... such a
statement is ridiculous.

It'd be like taking a film of a meat packer who had no control over rat
droppings in the meat and then implying that all meat-packers suffer
the same problem.  The meat packer who has a problem is not fiction...
the assumption is.

The greater fool is the one who makes the assumption.

Andrew