[geeks] RIP, Ronald Reagan

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Jun 6 13:45:01 CDT 2004

Eric Dittman wrote:
> Reagan stood up to the Soviet Union and won the Cold War.  His policies
> are what did it.  His winning the election also got the Iranians talking
> so the hostages could be free.

I loved it when he walked up to a podium while it was being set up and
said "the missles have been launched, I just gave the order.", not knowing
the mic was live. There were some brown trousers in Moscow that night.

> Still, Nixon did open up China, but we are several years away from the
> final results of that move.

Ob. resuce, Nixon was roumored to have brought 12 Data General Nova
minicomputers in his luggage as "gifts".

Geoff.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com