[geeks] adventures with electric utility companies

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Jul 31 14:00:13 CDT 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Dan Duncan wrote:

>> On Metric Blvd. (not all that far from the picture, actually),
>
> Hello?  The sign for Metric Blvd is IN THE PICTURE,

Uh, yes.  That would be the relevance in sharing my chuckle.  The Metric
Center is a few blocks away.

> This is what prompted the joke.

Not missing that a bit and it certainly prompted a giggle, but just to
make things perfectly clear, <AOL>LOLOLOLOL!!!@#!@!</AOL>

> [0] Is that really a good idea?  Don't they rub when the wind blows?

I'd guess "no" and "yes", respecticely.  It's just the telco, though,
and SBC's been known as "Shit better change" in the ISP world for a
while now.

--
Jonathan Patschke )"We're Germans and we use Unix.  That's a combination
Elgin, TX        (  of two demographic groups known to have no sense of