[geeks] Wireless Problems Redux

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Thu Jul 29 09:26:06 CDT 2004

On Jul 29, 2004, at 09:51, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Just be careful of burn-out - I've heard that running the AP at the
> software adjustment max (83 mW?) will burn it out - this was on the
> Sveasoft website, IIRC.

Thanks. I'm at 46mW, which is safe.

Actually, it was weird. I tried 52mW, and my Airport card started
dropping the network connection repeatedly. It now does it
periodically, even though I've backed off on the AP transmit power. I
suspect something's wrong and I need to go in to the Apple store. :(

Otherwise, I now LOVE my WRT54G. I get good signal even outside on the
balconies (one in front and one in back).

---sambo