[geeks] WORM drives

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jul 29 08:19:54 CDT 2004

Dan Sikorski wrote:

> Does anyone have much experience with WORM drives of any sort?  I'm
> involved in a document imaging project, and the data must be archived on
> some sort of WORM media.  the obvious choice would be DVD.  Does anyone
> have experience with anything else?

I've recently started using DVD for archival purposes - mostly market
data, Oracle archive logs, or other historical data that doesn't need to
be on disk, but needs to be accessable at a moment's notice.

Until last week I was using CD, but the archives were outgrowing the
storage package.

--
Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a
kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective judgement in all