[geeks] guitar / audio geek question

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Jul 26 10:33:07 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 10:33:29AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 09:59:26AM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > > "New" Vox, or old Vox?
> > I don't know, but I'd guess old Vox, since it's from the '60s.
>
> That would be "old", yes.  Probably worth a good bit of money, and well
> worth repairing (it may just need new tubes).

It does need new tubes.

However, I believe it also needs a new transformer.  I think it is
probably worth repairing, that's why I haven't tossed it.  I just
haven't gotten around to actually coughing up the money to do so.
Because if I did, there's no guaranty that it will actually sound nice.
The service guy made it sound like it could go either way.

And, or course, once I did repair, I probably wouldn't use it much at
all anyway, since for where I play live, it would just be too
inconvienient.  I'm saving it for either a change of circumstances, or
someone offering money.