[geeks] Own a Piece of the 80s.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jul 23 17:54:59 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 05:29:28PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> A piece of the 80s with all the blinkenlights you can handle, and a
> Chevy big block motor:
> http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2256298346
> I've been secretly wanting that since the mid-80s.  Bah, but what fun
> would it be without "turbo boost"?

Nice - but Mark's Custom Kits is overpriced.  I looked into their stuff
when I had an '87 Firebird a few years ago.

Had a chance at one point to buy one of the "show cars" (as theirs was,
before restoration) - for only $5K.  I can't believe they've done $35K of
work to the car.

I do have to say - nice end result, though.  Too bad its illegal to drive
in Texas and Oklahoma (red flashing lights on the front, and the steering
"wheel"..)

Bill

--
bill bradford