[geeks] recommended dual channel LVD controller, PC

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Fri Jul 23 14:13:26 CDT 2004

> > > Some 64-bit cards will run on 32-bit PCI.  Then if I ever get to
> > > upgrade...
> >
> > If a 64-bit PCI card won't work in a 32-bit PCI slot then there's
> > something wrong with the card.
>
> Maybe I should have said "some will run well".
>
> I've had a few that were fussy, so I hesitate to say they will all work.

If I bought a 64-bit PCI card that didn't work in a 32-bit PCI slot I'd
still not want to use it in a 64-bit PCI slot.  Either the card is failing
and I wouldn't want further failure to cause me to lose data, or the card
wasn't designed properly and I wouldn't want any other design problems to
cause me to lose data.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net