[geeks] Time To Move...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Jul 23 11:57:46 CDT 2004

" From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
"
" Wed, 21 Jul 2004 @ 10:39 -0400, Sandwich Maker said:
"
" > btw i usually get 3.2-3.5kb/s, but recently managed 7.5k snagging a
" > pdf from seagate iirc [with curl].  not bad for a 33.6 modem on a
" > 76800 port...
"
" I got a Webramp 200i from eBay.  A little hokey, but it works well
" enough, and usually connects at over 40Kbps, and I get around 4.5K/sec,
" as high as 10K/sec on compressable stuff.

i saw peaks over 13k on that pdf d/l.  i used to regularly see 15M/hr
on my overnight newsfeeds.  which reminds me...  anyone know of free
feed sites i could hook to?

" You know... all the DSL/cable bitches on this list are snickering...

it's really secret envy.  that's what i keep telling myself...