[geeks] recommended dual channel LVD controller, PC

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jul 22 22:41:07 CDT 2004

Thu, 22 Jul 2004 @ 17:15 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix said:

> The only thing I see releated to speed is in the list of drive IDs,
> where I can set the maximum speed.
>
> I'll have another look when I reboot.

Ah, I found it.  Much better.  I don't know how I missed that one.

Thanks.

Of course, now I find I need to play with my raid1 settings.  I'm
getting 20MB/sec to the raid, but 21MB/sec to each drive alone.

I can read from both drives at the same time as high as 34MB/sec
(40MB/sec bus maximum speed) so I figure I could tune this raid a little
better.  It should get better read performance.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The grieving lords take ship.  With these
our very souls pass overseas." -- Exile]