[geeks] Gentoo / Sparc / Java development anyone?

Gary Nichols gary at linuxforce.org
Wed Jul 21 13:40:56 CDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Scott Howard wrote:

> Fairly sure that, as a company, we didn't. However that's not to say
> that individuals from Sun weren't involved - in fact you'd be hard
> pressed to find any major OS projects which haven't had Sun staff
> support at some stage or other - especially SPARC-based stuff.

I totally agree with you on this.  I guess I just get frustrated when I
have all this *fantastic* Sun hardware laying about and I can't get
something as simple as a Java runtime/development environment installed
and running.  I guess I need to step up to the plate and start tweaking
ebuilds for the Gentoo Sparc team.  *toothy grin*