[geeks] Time To Move...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 20 18:26:23 CDT 2004

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 @ 14:57 -0400, Sandwich Maker said:

> " I'm on dialup now because I can get it for that, and am not enough of a
> " bandwidth hog to justify the $45/month it costs for a cable connection.
>
> same here, though i can also get verizon's $30 dsl here.

I have even downloaded CDs over dialup.  rsync is your friend... :)

> " If I got rid of my land line I could do it, but I like having a
> " land-line for emergencies.
> "
> " I would also like the option of just buying a data pipe and IP address.
> " I have no need for the other "services" of most package deals.
>
> i'd like dns too, but that's all.  my present $20 dialup gives me
> static ip, dns, and mailspool, and there's nothing more i want except
> speed and always-on.

Wow... my ISP charges a lot for static IP dialup.  In fact, for some
reason it is quite a bit more than their DSL service.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The trade of governing has always been
monopolized by the most ignorant and the most rascally individuals of