[geeks] Time To Move...

Ross Lonstein ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com
Tue Jul 20 13:52:28 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 01:20:41PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Ross Lonstein wrote:
>
> >>Just out of curiosity, what bandwith do people with broadband get now?
> >       [snip]
> >
> >6mbit/768kbit RADSL
>
> That must be some interesting DSL if it handshakes a broadband signal.
        [snip]

Heh. So they use the term "broadband" loosely. I also don't think it's
the Westell RADSL scheme, which iirc topped out at 2.2Mbit/640Kbit,
but that's the moniker under which they market this service. Odds are
they provision ADSL for 6M/768 and you get whatever the copper will
carry. Call it adaptive. I don't care.

- Ross