[geeks] Of Portmasters and Suns

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sat Jul 17 20:50:19 CDT 2004

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Scott Howard wrote:
> Go to google, type in "sun serial" (without the quotes) and click on
> I'm Feeling Lucky.  You'll end up at Stokely, which has all of the
> details you need.

Also, some OSes are more specific than the OpenFirmWare is. IIRC, I got my
IPX/IPCs to run with just three wires on the serial port, but
NetBSD/OpenBSD wanted all seven wires to communicate.

Been a while since I've tried using a Portmaster that way. I mastered it
once (10 ports on a PC, Whee!) and it made my life a lot easier, but that
was a job ago now.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
"BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!" - 1984-2004 - 20 yrs of Govt Surveillance