[geeks] Airport Express

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 09:36:11 CDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:20:45 -0500, Matthew Braun <geeks at leydenjar.com> wrote:

> Be wary of doing this via software; while I can't find the writeup
> right now (Google is not my friend, sadly) I recall seeing a page where
> they showed what happened when they boosted the output signal on a
> Linksys AP and it bled pretty badly into other areas of the spectrum.
> Linksys sells an external amp for their B line (I have one and it's
> great) and they also have high-gain antennae for sale. I think
> something like either (or both)  that would be a simple fix.

I believe that this will also burn out your AP in short order; I recall
seeing something about it on SVEASoft pages in the area where
they report on their outdoor tests with APs for a neighborhood
WLAN fabric.

By my naive common-sense way of thinking about antennas, wouldn't
a more directional antenna be a more likely way of fixing this particular
issue?

=Nadine=