[geeks] More gmail invites

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jul 15 23:14:57 CDT 2004

Thu, 24 Jun 2004 @ 00:16 -0500, Jim O'Gorman said:

> Since you'll have 1,000 megabytes of storage, we recommend that you
> archive rather than delete. Once you delete a message, it's gone for
> good. By archiving messages and conversations, you can take advantage
> of Gmail's powerful search functionality to retrieve any message
> you've sent or received.

...and of course, you can take advantage of a gold mine of advertising
data.

> To delete a single message, open the conversation. Expand the specific
> message that you would like to delete. Click 'More options.' Once the
> options are visible, click 'Trash this message'.

Ick... that sucks.

What is the rationale for not having a delete option like every one
email on the planet?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.