[geeks] TiVo Observations (new owner)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jul 12 16:05:26 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 02:36:59PM -0600, Dan Duncan wrote:
> 2) Don't fight the TiVo.  I rarely try to surf live TV, even
> though it does this very well.

I don't know how I lived for a year with only using a single tuner on
my DirecTiVo.  When I had the second DTivo installed, I had the installer
run both lines to both TiVos, and its wonderful.

> Mine doesn't do any of the home media stuff (too old) but I got to
> play with the beta version on a friend's unit and it just never
> seemed all that useful to me.  To me, the whole point of connecting
> multiple units together would be for "clustering" purposes where
> recording duties would be load balanced to cover shows airing
> at the same time and available disk space, and also to allow
> playback of different shows on different heads, but as far as
> I know it still doesn't do all that.  Perhaps soon?

I've used TiVo so much, I find myself wanting to rewind the radio in
the truck.  "Play that again!  oh, wait.."

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas