[geeks] I'm glad I don't live in the US!

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sat Jul 10 22:12:49 CDT 2004

That's the problem with all this homeland security nonsense.
Our rights are being taken away under the guise of security.
A friend of  mine has a great picture that he is afraid to show.
He once took a canoe trip to see the Statue of Liberty and was
greeted by a park ranger that said he was not allowed to dock
on the island.  (I guess they wanted to make money on the
boat trip from the mainland.)  He left, after taking a picture of
the statue with a sign in front of it that said "US Government
Property.  Keep Out".  To put this is proper perspective, the
canoe trip was over thirty years ago.  Do things really change?