[geeks] I'm glad I don't live in the US!

mrl vlack-lists at vlack.com
Sat Jul 10 21:10:06 CDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 21:07, James wrote:
> Well, you should know about this thing we have here called "wintah". And we
> have this month on the calendar called February that feels like it has 62
> days. A few of the freestaters and freetowners have already packed their
> bags and headed to warmer parts. It's not the sub -10 degrees days, it's not
> the multiple 4 foot snow storms and it's not the howling winds that does it.
> The fact that we get all that at once and for 2-4 months steady is what
> drives the flatlanders home.

I think the free state project is an interesting idea.
I think it'd be a lot more interesting if I liked the climate :(. I
really hate the cold... <insert texas advocacy here>.

Besides, with everything becoming either "unconstitutional" or declared
*federal* law vs *state* law, I've always wondered if the FSP would
really have that much of an effect on national politics, and if it did,
for how long?