[geeks] I'm glad I don't live in the US!

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Jul 10 20:11:37 CDT 2004

On Jul 10, 2004, at 7:49 PM, Nick wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 07:43:52PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
>> Except I didn't miss the point.  I don't agree with it.  The point was
>> electing one evil or bad choice candidate to replace another evil is
>> not a win.  Technically this is correct, however...
>> I don't think Kerry is evil and I don't personally like him as a
>> choice
>> but... he will allow us to pick up the pieces of the W regime without
>> causing too much additional trouble.
>> 4 more years of W is simply not a tolerable solution.  It's 95% likely
>> to cause many people including myself to move far away from this
>> place.
>>  Kerry winning would therefore be a win for the "us" that includes me.
>> Andrew
> He fully supports the "Patriot" Act and wants it extended.  How much
> more do you really need to hear?  He fully supports the war in iraq,
> the
> war in afghanistan, and the so called "War On Terror (tm)".  Need more?
> Look at his record.
> 	Nick

He supports rebuilding the middle class... he supports repairing the
economy.  These are the things most important to me right now.

He also supports whatever the heck he feels will get him elected.  As
soon as he was in office he would be doing everything he could to "not"
be like Bush... even if he said he supported it earlier... it's all
talk... he's a gigantic waffle.

He can't even hold a coherent debate because I don't think he has a
real platform.  Watch him debate some time... he never answers
questions directly or even bothers with the ones he has no agenda for.
It's all a long tirade about jobs and how bad W is for the economy,
etc.  If this is his main agenda... I'm all for it.  The other stuff
will go away as it hurts his popularity... unlike Mr. W. he doesn't say
the following, "I don't care what the American people want."

Andrew