[geeks] WTB: Pair of USR Sportster or Courier 28.8/33.6/v.90 external modems

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jul 8 20:23:25 CDT 2004

My mother lives "in the country" in Oklahoma, and last week lost (due to
a lightning strike in her front yard) the last of three USR Sportster
external modems I gave her two years ago.

Why'd I give her three modems?  Because I *knew* they'd get killed by
lightning eventually.  "When this one dies, toss it and plug in the other
one."

However, Goodwill Computerworks here in Austin doesn't have any modems right
now.

Anybody got a pair of external Sportsters or Couriers, 28.8-or-up, that
I can buy cheap and have you ship them directly to her?

Thanks.

Bill

--
bill bradford