[geeks] its what you carry with you

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Wed Jul 7 13:28:34 CDT 2004

$3k is reasonable for a handmade folder, especially a Damascus
one such as in the pic (i would estimate that particular one to
be a good deal more actually.)

Definitely not in my budget at the moment, but if i had it to
spend that would be on the list.

Thanks for the info,
/KRM

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 14:33:46 -0400
Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:

> On Wed,  7 Jul 2004 13:39:08 -0400 (EDT)
> Kevin wrote:
> > Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:
> > > Check this out:
> > > http://www.kenonionknives.com/images/25070.jpg
> > > Is that not one of the most beautiful knives you've ever
> > > seen?
> > >

> > Wow, that IS a beautiful folder.  What are his prices like?
> >

> "If you have to ask...."  :)
>
> I do not know.  I seem to recall that pre-owned fixed-blades
> were going for about $1000 (yes, that's one thousand dollars).
> Folders slightly more. From memory, a price of $3000 on a new
> folder is to be expected. I could be slightly off-base on that
> figure though.
>

> --
> Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes
> to a kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective
> judgement in all
>                       human affairs."
>                                                    -- Albert
>                                                    Einstein

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/