[geeks] its what you carry with you

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Wed Jul 7 10:32:23 CDT 2004

On Jul 7, 2004, at 9:07 AM, Scott Howard wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 07:39:10AM -0500, Brian Dunbar wrote:
>> It's illegal to carry a pocket-knife in Australia?  Good Gravy, man,
>> why?
>
> It's actually a state law, but in NSW (and I think a few other states
> have similar things) it's illegal to "have custody of a knife or blade
> in a public place or school, without reasonable excuse".

That is bizarre.  A knife is a tool, and having one has come in handy a
number of times.

I suppose next y'all will have to start justifying the existence of a
toolbox (just full of sharp, pointy and blunt things) in the trunk of
your car.  And a newspaper - you could roll one up and HIT someone with
it ...

~brian