[geeks] its what you carry with you

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jul 7 09:28:05 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 01:45:46PM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> You know, I bet you have to feel pretty secure in your position to walk
> up to your boss and ask "How long a knife blade can I carry in the
> office?" ;^)

Actually it was in the company policies on the HR web site. :)

> I don't think I've ever knowingly worked for a company with a "blade
> policy" (meaning they might have had one, but I didn't know it)...

There's even a section about "allowed" people who can carry blades (such
as machetes, etc if you're working in South America or somewhere that
they're required).

Coworker and I got a couple of funny looks when I sold him some swords
in the parking lot, and he had to carry them through the lobby of the building
to get them to his car in the parking garage.  Nice functional katana,
couple of wall-hanger swords, and a bokken.

me: "He's not going postal, he's just going to his car".
them: "Oh, cool."

I LOVE TEXAS.

Bill

--