[geeks] E3K airflow

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Jan 26 23:17:50 CST 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 11:21:48PM -0500, James wrote:
> > Here's a good diagram of the E3500 (same as E3K except FCAL instead of
> > SCSI):
> >
> > http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/E3500/spec.html
> >
> > Air sucked in the top, blown out the bottom sides.
>
> Well this just seems contrary to all kinds of things, like physics and the
> designs of typical datacenters. What were they thinking?

Actually, this is the way I learned datacenter air cirtulation was
SUPPOSED to work in the days of mainframes.  If your air circulation is
top-to-bottom rather than bottom-to-top, suspended dust doesn't stay
suspended as long.  You want that crud out of the air and into the
filters as soon as possible.

 : alaric at caerllewys.net|alaric-ruthven at earthlink.net|alaric at novylen.net  :