[geeks] E3K airflow

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jan 26 20:17:55 CST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Air sucked in the top, blown out the bottom sides.

Okay, so it's exactly opposite of what I thought.  I suppose that makes
sense.  SGIs suck; Suns blow. :)

However, that means you have the problem of exhausting air out the
bottom, where the cold-air vents normally are on a typical raised floor.
I don't recall well-enough onr's setup, but I'd be wary about running
that thing full of procs and disk straight-off.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Some people grow out of the petty theft of
Elgin, TX         (   childhood.  Others grow up to be CEOs and